Monday, October 7, 2013

War of the Worlds

After listening to War of the Worlds, I could see why people would believe that this was real at the time.  When you close your eyes and just listen, you feel like you are part of the story.  The sounds surround you and create the scene in your own house.  I really felt like I was right in the middle of the plot.  When the recording was over, however, I felt reality coming back to me.  It's hard to believe that this caused so much commotion when it was first released because the whole time I felt like it was just a story being told for me, but at the time the idea of something else out there was new and frightening to people.  
I enjoyed just listening because it allowed me to create the scene in my own head.  I like the idea of listening because everyone's scene in their own heads are completely different.  Someone's characters could be much scarier than mine, but it us up to the listener to determine what they want to see from what they hear.  Overall I enjoyed the War of theWorlds.  It was a little strange and not something that I would normally listen to, but I appreciate the work for what it was and still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment