Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Saturday Night Fever

I do not think that Saturday Night Fever killed disco.  If anything, I think it showcases the best songs of disco.  I really enjoy this movie and the soundtrack.  I watched the movie several times with my dad and have listened to the soundtrack with my grandmother, who is a big BeeGees fan, countless times.  The songs in the movie are what I believe to be the best in disco.  The dancing done by John Travolta in the film just makes the songs even better.  I'm not saying that disco is my favorite, but I think that this movie helped disco in a positive way.

If Saturday Night Fever would have truly killed disco, then we would not still be watching the movie and listening to the popular songs on the soundtrack like "Stayin' Alive."  This film is a big reason why people still know disco songs in our modern world.  Disco is not dead.  It keeps showing up in the world today and will always be a pinnacle moment in the history of music.


No comments:

Post a Comment