Saturday, November 30, 2013

Performance Art Piece: Dog On A Leash

My performance art piece is called "Dog On A Leash."  I was influenced and inspired by the painting "Dynamism of a Dog on a  Leash" by Giacomo Balla.  Learning about Balla and his work was one my favorite topics that we discussed in class.  I love how he captured motion in a still painting, and this is my favorite painting of Balla.  

I conducted my project at my local mall, The Galleria Mall, in York, Pennsylvania.  I stood indie one of the entrances into the mall on Black Friday, so there were lots of people.  I stood in the same location and had my best friend, Alyson Meloni, film me and people's reactions to me.  I stood motionless like a statue holding a leash that was attached to a toy dog.  I kept the same position and received some very interesting reactions.  Some people walked straight up to me trying to get me to move or to talk to them, but I resisted.  One woman thought that I was a mannequin.  Two girls thought that I was fake as well and stood trying to figure out if I was real or not.  Overall, watching people's reactions to me was hilarious and I enjoyed the project very much.  I enjoyed it so much that after I was done filming, I went up and stood again just to see how the people react to me.  

So enjoy my performance art  piece of "Dog on a Leash," inspired by the great Giacomo Balla. 



------> My Inspiration

   ------> The Final Product



No comments:

Post a Comment