Sunday, December 8, 2013

I Miss You - Video Art

I filmed home videos from VHS onto my iPhone from when I was a baby in 1994 to when I was a little older in 2001.  I took these videos and compiled them into one video.  The video is called "I Miss You" because it is about how I miss my grandparents.  My grandparents loved me to death and would do anything for me.  All four of my grandparents have passed now, and it was a really hard time for me.  They passed before I really accomplished anything and that killed me.  I think about them all the time because a lot of things happen to me that I wish I could share with them.  I chose videos from when I was younger because that was when my grandparents were the healthiest and we had the best footage of them.  Portions of the video include my father and my mother with me because even though my grandparents are gone, I still have them.  My parents carry on what their parents taught them, and I want to do the same.  I want my parents and my grandparents to be proud of me because I owe it to them and myself.  I miss my grandparents so much and it was extremely difficult to watch the videos of them.  But I know that they will always be with me because they live in my parents and me.

I embraced the error because I was filming footage from VHS tapes.  The tapes were very shaky and have a grainy look to them which I thought enhanced my video instead of being a distraction.  Overall, i thought this project was very enjoyable.  I like creating something that has a message that correlates personally to me.

In the video, I am the one singing the song by Miley Cyrus "I Miss You."  I thought that the lyrics said exactly how I feel, so I wanted to show that in my video.

Enjoy...







No comments:

Post a Comment